John M Schmidtbauer
16456 138th Ave.
Little Falls MN 56345
Ph. (320) 632-3977
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Experienced professional with manufacturing, production, quality assurance, sales and customer service background.
• Excellent phone skills and ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
Genmar Minnesota, Inc. (Larson/Glastron/Seaswirl/Fincraft Division) 1988 - 2009
Technical and Customer Service Representative
• Provided technical and troubleshooting information via telephone, e-mail, letters and in person to dealers, customers and factory personnel
• Recommended and approved warranty repairs on products in the field
• Planned and was a presenter for yearly customer service training for over 250 attendees
• Active member of Genmar Safety and Ergonomics team.
• Serviced international customers in over 40 countries with technical and shipping advice
• Member of the Quality Assurance Team conducting inspections on boats and Engineering Composites processes
• Developed work instructions for factory personnel to comply with ISO standards
• International Parts Customer service representative
• Supervisor for small parts production. Held various positions including paint applications, lamination processes and component assembly.
United State Army Reserve and MN National Guard (Camp Ripley, MN) 1985 - 1991
• Multiple combat duties
• 12 Bravo Combat Engineer: built roads and bridges
• 62 Victor Crane Operator: Operated and maintained Pneumatic & Hydraulic and cable military cranes
• Loaded ammunition and other various military vehicles to trains, ships or other transport vehicles
• Rappel master
Crestliner Boats (Little Falls, MN) 1985 – 1987
• Welding aluminum hulls and small parts
• Designed new product on large fishing boats in conjunction with Engineering department
Bednarik Wood, Inc. (Harding, MN) 1984 - 1985
• Assemble hardwood products
Music Production 1984-2009
• Play multiple instruments including bass guitar, guitar, banjo, keys, flute and tuba.
• Extensive musical background spanning 30 years
• Perform with Local Bands: Express, Loose Talk, FBCO, Fuzzy Logic, Pandemic, and currently bass player for Julio Goldstien.
• Produced local music events during summer festivals in Morrison County, MN
• Sound and Production engineer for Local, Regional and National bands
• Awarded Larson Boats Employee of the Year for saving the company over $100,000 in warranty claims while improving product.
• Introduced new shipping methods to the international parts department while saving over $75,000 in company freight costs.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EDUCATION
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft XP, Excel, Outlook and AS400
• Yamaha OEM technical training course
• MerCruiser Certified technical training and installation course
• Volvo Penta Certified technical training and installation course
• Padgett & Thompson Certification training in Customer service
• Company certified through yearly 20 hour course to sell Larson/Glastron VEC products
• Graduate Healy High School, Pierz, MN