Nursing Resume Samples
Becoming a nurse is a very rewarding profession to decide to get into. But one of the most difficult things you will embark upon when doing this is preparing your resume. In order to make this easy for you you will need a good nursing resume writing template. Nursing resume templates will enable you to get a bit of practice in before preparing a real resume. By providing you with a nursing resume sample, you will be able to study, while at the same time taking most of the pressure off of yourself. Observe the nursing resume sample provided below. Changes have been made in order to make it as general as possible, but it should serve as a good starting point.
Nurse resume sample
Entry Level Nursing Job Description
· Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
· Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
· Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
· Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
· Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
· Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
Sample Entry Level Nursing Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address, which is currently used.
· Full name
· Present and permanent addresses
· Telephone numbers
· Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Nursing Graduate will have to write an objective, which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Entry Level Nursing
To obtain a responsible and challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will have valuable application and utilization of my opportunity for advancement.
- Gail Esparan
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example Entry Level Nursing can add his/her career achievements like,
· Assisted RN in various patient health and care routines.
· Managed academic internships at a variety of community service organizations.
· Responsible for weekly seminar and served as mentor for 20 undergraduate freshmen nursing students.
· Provided comprehensive well woman care including pelvic examinations, family planning, contraception counseling, and management of STD’s.
· Cared for a variety of critically ill clients at a level one trauma center.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Entry Level Nursing applying for a job would look like,
Entry level Nurse
Ford Health and Care, Manglore, 2007-Present
· Assisted RN in Various Patient care routines.
· Medical Intensive Care/Pulmonary Medicine
· Provided individualized care in the MICU at a large inner-city hospital.
· Expertise in hemodynamic monitoring, pulmonary artery catheters, titrating drips, mechanical ventilation, and substance abuse management of the critically ill client.
Entry level Nurse
Oakwood Medical Center, Manglore, 2005-2006
· Functioned as a charge nurse and staff nurse on a 16 bed cardiac step-down unit at a large teaching hospital in a primarily Arabic community.
· Provided individualized care for coronary artery bypass graft and valve replacement surgical clients.
· Assumed responsibility for orienting and training student nurses and nurse orienteer.
· Assisted with staff scheduling and the introduction of clinical pathways.
· Expertise in cardiac arrhythmias, cardiac drips, pacemakers, and cardio version.
Truth Goodness And Beauty Hospital, 2004-2005
· Vascular, Gastrointestinal, and Plastic Surgery Care
· Provided nursing care on a 32 bed vascular, plastic surgery, and
· Gastrointestinal surgical unit at large teaching hospital.
· Other specialties included transplant and orthopedic populations.
· Expertise in complex wound care, diabetes management, and pre and postoperative client teaching to an ethnically diverse population of clients.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example a Entry Level Nursing who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
University of Manglore School of Nursing, Manglore, 2005
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example a Entry Level Nursing could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of a Entry Level Nursing would look like,
· Outstanding Graduate Student Leadership Award, 2001
· Breast Cancer Walk for Awareness, Nurse Managed Center Team, Manglore.
· Masters Student Representative, University of Manglore School of Nursing Curriculum
· Committee, 2000-01
· Indian Nurses Association, Member, 2005-Present
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of a Entry Level Nursing could also look like,
Salary Range of a Entry Level Nursing
· The average salary received is approximately Rs. 5000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 60000 per annum CTC.
· The salary from an American perspective works out to be $2000 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Review of the nurse resume sample
As you can see this nursing resume sample is very plain, but it will give you a good start. There are or advanced forms of nursing resume samples, but for now if you are into level this should serve you just fine. The first part of the nursing resume template is very self-explanatory. You are simply providing an overview of what the job is and what it requires from you in order to qualify. Once you have determined you are qualified for this position now the real process can begin.
You will be asked to provide all of your contact information so that the hospital is able to contact you if they choose you for the position. You want to make sure all of your current contact information is provided. Make sure you provide them multiple ways to contact you, this is important because if you were to get the job this may be required anyway.
The part of the medical resume, which tells you to provide your professional and career objective, is one of the most important parts of the nursing resume template. You want to make sure you tell your prospective employer what your goals are now and in the future as it concerns getting that position. This is a great way to sell yourself to your new employer, while at the same time making it appear as if you are truly dedicated to being a nurse.
Making sure you provide your prospect of employer with adequate descriptions of previous work experience will also serve you well. Make sure you take your time and detail your previous employment and the duty to perform while there. Even though as a nurse many of your job responsibilities will be similar, you always want to take this chance to make yourself stand out from the competition.
Gather all of your education and certifications in order to further sell yourself. You can take your time doing this; because the better you do it the more qualified you appear. Also, providing a good list of references will help you to stand out as well. Some of the best references you can use would be those from a previous job. People who were able to speak highly of you in the type of work you are applying for now will definitely help.